- The Global Seafood Alliance d/b/a Best Aquaculture Practices and Best Seafood Practices (“GSA/BAP/BSP”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
- This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the www.globalseafood.org, www.bapcertification.org or www.bspcertification.org (our ” Website”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
- This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
- Through mobile and desktop applications you download from this Website, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and this Website.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party Websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- The GSA/BAP/BSP offline or through any other means, including on any other Website operated by GSA/BAP/BSP or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- Any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from, or on, the Website.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1.0 CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13: Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to, or on, the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features/register on the Website, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at 1-603-317-5000.
2.0 INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU AND HOW WE COLLECT IT: We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, or any other information the Website collects that is defined as personal or personally identifiable information under an applicable law and any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (”personal information”);
- that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as Company and or Facility affiliation, GPS coordinates of your Facility site, Company’s legal name and or status, Sponsor’s name, Legal Representative’s name, types and amounts of products your Company produces/sells, map of farm facility, effluent records, water quality records, sedimentation records, description/name of body of water where cages are located, country of residence ; and/or
- about your Internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us through this Website.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
3.0 INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO US: The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to our service, posting material, or requesting further services, and through Applications emailed to the GSA/BAP/BSP.
- We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website.
- Your search queries on the Website.
3.1 Information to be Published or Displayed: You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we limit access to certain pages/you may set certain privacy settings for such information by logging into your account profile, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
4.0 INFORMATION WE COLLECT THROUGH AUTOMATIC DATA COLLECTION TECHNOLOGIES: As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and Internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
- We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-part Websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). In order to opt out of the behavioral tracking you will need to disable cookies per instructions provided by your individual browser. It is up to the individual user to follow their preferred browser’s cookie disabling steps
4.1 Information Automatically Collected is Statistical: The information we collect automatically is statistical data and may include personal information, or we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
4.2 Technology Used for Automatic Data Collection: The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our the Website, and our e-mails, may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the GSA/BAP, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related Website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain Website content and verifying system and server integrity).
- Local Storage. All data is stored on third party servers. No data is stored locally at this time.
We do not collect personal information automatically, but we may tie this information to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or you provide to us.
4.3.1 Our Control over Third-Party Tracking Technologies: We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
5.0 HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION: We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
- For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of GSA/BAP/BSP’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by GSA/BAP/BSP about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of GSA/BAP/BSP, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
6.1 Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information: We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
6.1.2 Promotional Offers from the GSA/BAP/BSP: If you do not wish to have your email address/contact information used by the GSA/BAP/BSP to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data (the registration form) or at any other time by logging into the Website and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to the GSA/BAP/BSP as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.
- Targeted Advertising: If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers’ target-audience preferences, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data (the registration form). You can also always adjust your user advertising preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. For this opt-out to function, you must have your browser set to accept browser cookies. We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (”NAI”) on the NAI’s Website.
7.0 ACCESSING AND CORRECTING YOUR INFORMATION: You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Website and visiting your account profile page.
7.1 Additional Ways to Correct Your Information: You may also send us an email at email@example.com to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
7.3 Your California Privacy Rights: California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or write us at: Global Seafood Alliance, Two International Drive, Suite 105, Portsmouth, NH 03801, USA. NOTE: If personal information of California residents is being shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes, the website operator must comply with the California “Shine the Light” Law, which, with certain exceptions, requires the website operator to provide those California residents with either a:
- List of the categories of personal information disclosed to third parties for their marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year, with the names and addresses of those third parties.
8.0 DATA SECURITY: We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions will be encrypted.
8.1 Personal Responsibility to Safeguard: The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website like message boards. Any user of the Website may view the information you share in public areas.
8.2 Disclosure: Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Global Seafood Alliance
85 New Hampshire Avenue, Suite 200
Portsmouth, NH 03801 USA
or via our number: +1-603-317-5000
This policy was last revised September 8, 2021.