The people behind GSA
Global Seafood Alliance employees come from a variety of backgrounds and disciplines, but we all share a love of our waterways, our oceans and our seafood. We believe that proof of responsible performance – from fishing vessels to fish farms – is essential to build consumer trust in seafood.
The GSA team is collaborative, dedicated and focused on creating a better future for us and for our planet through responsible seafood practices. Our shared vision is a world that embraces the role of responsible seafood in meeting global nutrition needs.
Board of Directors
- Michael Berto, Walmart
- Eric Bloom, Eastern Fish Co, Inc
- Rittirong Boonmechote, Thai Union Group
- Joe Chekouras, Mazzetta Company
- George Chamberlain, Global Seafood Alliance
- Marcus Coleman, Seafish
- Tony Downs, Sysco Corp.
- John Galiher, Lineage Logistics
- Laura Garrido, Pescanova USA
- Nelson Griffin, Red Lobster Seafood Co
- Bill Herzig, Sustainable Strategies & Initiatives
- Robert Jones, The Nature Conservancy
- Allen Kimball, Allen K Kimball Consulting LLC
- Santhana Krishnan, Maritech
- Arni Mathiesen, Government of Iceland
- Robins McIntosh, Charoen Pokphand Foods Public Co., Ltd
- Gorjan Nikolik, Rabobank
- Ron Patton, Grobest Global Service Inc
- Brian Perkins, Global Seafood Alliance
- Tom Pickerell, Global Tuna Alliance
- Jeff Sedacca, Sterling Caviar
- Terry Stachowiak, Rich Products
- Wally Stevens, Global Seafood Alliance
- Jennifer Wandler, US Foods
What we offer our employees:
- Company sponsored medical, dental, vision plans
- Company provided life insurance, as well as short and long-term disability
- Access to voluntary life insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401(k) Plan with company match
- Casual, open and informal work environment
- Flexible schedules
- Free-flowing coffee and tea
- Onsite fitness center
Our recent expansion has created an opportunity to add Certification Specialists to the Operations team. In this customer-facing role, the Certification Specialist is responsible for stewarding customers through completing the certification and recertification process by providing guidance and administrative support to new and existing facilities worldwide.
GSA is seeking a highly motivated individual to join our finance team as Accountant. Reporting to the Controller, the Accountant is primarily responsible to perform complex accounting tasks, including journal entries, reconciliations, grant accounting and review of staff accountant workpapers.
Program Integrity Specialist
GSA is seeking an experienced individual to join our team as a Program Integrity Specialist. Reporting to the Program Integrity Manager, the Program Integrity Specialist is responsible to manage operations underpinning the integrity of the BAP certification program in areas of corporate responsibility, social accountability, and employee safety.